• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Mac Ever Thread!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
just a thread where u can tell us your favorite model apple has ever made!
here ill start:
B&W Powermac G3 - so darn cool looking, innovative and andvanced
i also like the sage iMac:black:

M

MacHeadCase

I never owned one (wayyyyy too expensive!!!) but when I saw it... Man, it was love at first sight.

The Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh (TAM for short, its code name was Spartacus). If you go to this link and click on the TAM image, you'll see the different prototypes that were created before the final product. This is what it was to unpack one. If I'm not mistaken, it was the last Mac Gil Amelio launched before resigning when Steve Jobs came back to Apple in 1997. Here are the specs.

A close second for me was the Power Mac Cube, a totally hunk-of-wow of a computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
never used one, but these
Just look soo cool
i do love my white macbook as well :)
the glowing apple <3

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
Macheadcase, i really like that Tizio concept one...wish they made that

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah some of those prototypes totally rock! :girl:

Cool idea for a thread, btw!

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, if this thread stays active maybe Apple can see what the people like best and take some hints ya know wat i mean ;)

M

MacHeadCase

DOH! I forgot to add in my first post in here an image of the TAM... Here it is. :D

TAM_spartacus.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
DOH! I forgot to add in my first post in here an image of the TAM... Here it is. :D

I dont like it tbh
I am into colours and designs lyk the imac
not a fan of silver / grey ...

M

MacHeadCase

Nope it was a Power Mac. Read the links, you'll see all the info, prototypes, photos and stuff. Pretty cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
iMac G4... I never owned one and I never will, but I think they look cool.

I agree.. The G4 iMac is stellar.. The metal arm alone is something spectacular. However, I think I'll end up owning one just for the sake of having one.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah the iMac G4 was very nice too. That's my previous Mac model, the 17" one. I still have it in case I need to boot into OS 9. Although I haven't done anything in OS 9 in years but I just can't part with that iMac, it's too cute. :girl:

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea i really wanna buy one of those in like 5-10 years when theyre completely worthless...just so i can swivel it around all day :D

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i also like the clamshell ibooks...big change from the black squares of the time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I LOVE the iMac G4 "lamp" :black: It was just so revolutionary!

The Titanium Powerbooks were cool simply because they were made from titanium ;)

And how can all of you forget the G4 Cube?

I can't just pick one. Apple has designed some really nice looking computers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Call me a newbie, but my favorite mac ever is the MacBook Pro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iMac G4, or aka, iLamp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.