• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Mac Ever Thread!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I have always wanted to pick up a Classic Mac. As in, Mac Plus, SE/30, Classic, Color Classic.

I want to stick a Mac Mini's guts into one. Smooth out the case and paint it gloss white. Make a modern Classic Mac out of it. The Mini iMac.... it could work.

Modern Macs... MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
The G3 Sage iMac, the Bondi iMac, The Powerbook 5300, or the iBook G3 (colors, and white)

Let's face it, it's impossible to choose ONE mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
My favorite Mac is always the next one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I love the design of the G4 iMac and have always wanted one.

The G4 Cube is my second favourite (and I own one!), with the acrylic style displays.

Reaction score
Apple IIe with Oregon Trail loaded from external floppy. Ahhhhhhhh, the memories. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
My favorite mac is Johnathan Ive's favorite- The PowerBook G4. Windows laptops have yet to have anything approaching the beautiful design of this thing. Pretty much identical to MacBook pro, so that too i guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
imac g4, always thought they were cool looking, but i switched way after those were in production so i will never own one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.33GHz
I love all Macs. I think all of them were revolutionary for their time. I've started my own little Mac Museum. I have a Mac Classic(runs perfectly, by the way), an LC 630 and a Blue & White G3 all set up and running their original OSs. I'm putting all the old games on them, the original King's Quest games & Scarab of Ra etc. on the oldie, Amazon & Oregon Trail on the LC 630 and games like Myst on the G3. It is such fun to hang out and play all those old games on the original hardware!

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i like those old cinema displays that came with the G4's...really cool looking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
The first Mac I used was the iMac. And while I'll LOVE my Macbook when it comes tomorrow, without the iMac I never would have even considered a Mac. AND it looked cool =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I agree.. The G4 iMac is stellar.. The metal arm alone is something spectacular. However, I think I'll end up owning one just for the sake of having one.

I love the G4 Imac. I bought one and it is my baby.
They are surprisingly difficult to get a hold of.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
call me a n00b too...

white macbook

though i do really dig the look of the G4 imac too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Yeah, I'm not much of a traditionalist either. I love my MacBook and have very little experience with any other Macs. So it's the MacBook for me as well. Second favorite would probably be the first generation iMacs because I loved those commericals. The one where it was like "Step One: Plug in power cord. Step Two: Connect internet. Step three... there's no step three," and the guy starts laughing. That commercial was great.

Edit: I found that commerical!

Reaction score

Took this pic in March '05, through a Starbucks window from the street in downtown Toronto. I thought of the Mac as being put it its proper use. It wasn't on display up on a shelf somewhere, good only for conversation.

It was like a short trip through the time tunnel. I wish I had one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

Took this pic in March '05, through a Starbucks window from the street in downtown Toronto. I thought of the Mac as being put it its proper use. It wasn't on display up on a shelf somewhere, good only for conversation.

It was like a short trip through the time tunnel. I wish I had one.

He doesn't look very enthusiastic about it though. He looks a bit sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah. Lots of thinking on his part, and maybe by anyone wondering what the story is behind the frown.

Maybe he's wishing that the apple logo on the back was right side up.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
maybe he was wishing he'd gotten some chocolate grahms with his coffee?

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
haha yea that always bugged me how it was upside down

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey im about to finally got one of the iMac g4 'lamps'!! (the 20 inch)....my dad's friend who uses macs is upgrading her household to intel macs...and is giving her entire PPC collection to us (because of some valuble information on the HD's, she doesnt want to donate them to a stranger)!
i will keep u all posted about the 20" and post some pictures shortly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.