Mighty mouse scrolling..

Reaction score
I didnt know here to put this xD
So I have a wireless mouse for my iMac. and its been working perfectly fine. but now suddenyl it will only scroll DOWN. not UP. Its so annoying. The battery is fine cause I just changed it..
soo , anyone know what to do?

Reaction score
Recently my MM (wired) has stopped scrolling downwards and I just wildly roll the lil' ball left'n'right'n'up'n'down until it behaves again! Usually takes 3 secs or so to behave ...

OR...

I hold the Control key and roll the ball to zoom in'n'out ... also works ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
yea, kinda like what pulse just said, when mine stops working, i like take a cloth and put it over the scroll ball and scroll vigoruosly in every direction for like 10 seconds...its usually because there is a peice of dust or dirt lodged in there or the scrollball got scrolled a little too much and needed a break

Reaction score
Use a clean lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water. Wipe the ball and the surrounding area, making sure to rotate the ball itself to ensure complete coverage. If the scrolling feels rough or if the scroll ball isn't scrolling up, down, or side-to-side, hold the mouse upside-down and roll the ball vigorously while cleaning it to help dislodge any particles that may have collected on the internal hardware.

Source: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302417

Reaction score
Yeah I missed that info out accidentally but realistically I've never had to resort to the official method so far ... touch wood~!

::touches head::

I also wouldn't go to the length of someone here who took the mm apart to thoroughly clean it, there's no need IMHO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.