Odd trackpad issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 80GbHD 512MB Ram
I've noticed when i use my track pad somehow it also clicks the mouse without me even touching it. It's extremely annoying, and i can't figure out why it's doing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just don't get it. i'll be scrolling the page using the trackpad and all of a sudden it will start highlighting some of the text. when i'm mousing through the finder it will launch apps all without clicking the mouse. I have a feeling i'll have to take it in to get looked at, but has anyone else seen this behavior?

thanks,
john

Reaction score
G'day johnmac & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I have a Desktop Mac so I don't have 1st hand experience but thought I'd mention that a play around in the mouse/trackpad Prefs may shed some further light???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
go into system preferences and go to keyboard and mouse.. then click on the second tab which is trackpad and play with those settings.

ishot1np6.jpg

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 80GbHD 512MB Ram
Thanks to you both for the replies. I'll toy with the preferences, and see what comes of it. I the meantime where did you get that cool theme for os x?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I use shapeshifter. the theme is called shinobi ver 2.4.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.