PB opinions needed

GWR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D - PB G4 - iBook G4 - iMac G3 DV SE
12" PowerBook G4, 1.5GHz, SuperDrive, 512M RAM, 80G HD.

Any known issues with these I should be aware of before buying one?

Thanks

Reaction score
Not really, just make sure you get the Installation Discs of Mac OS X with it for any emergencies. Also, I would be careful on upgrading to Tiger or Leopard with just 512MB RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No issues. And it will run Tiger just fine with 512MB of RAM. My PowerBook came with Tiger installed and I went for almost a year with the stock 512 before I upgraded. Never had a single problem.

Reaction score
No issues. And it will run Tiger just fine with 512MB of RAM. My PowerBook came with Tiger installed and I went for almost a year with the stock 512 before I upgraded. Never had a single problem.

512 sux, I'm not even happy with 1gb but I'd say 1gb of ram is minimum. Also, if your getting a lower end system that fits your needs, I wouldn't buy AppleCare. If you not getting it from Apple, make sure you get a warranty. Thats pretty much it, just that 512 ram really really sucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.