Age of Empires III

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Does anyone know if an Age of Empires III demo for Mac exists? If so, where can I download it? I don't see one on the Age of Empires 3 website. I want to try it out before I buy it because I am new to that style of game and want to make sure I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I've never seen a demo, but I bought it and it's pretty fun.

Not in a "sit-down-and-play-for-hours" type of fun, but an "I'm-bored-I'll-play-some-AOE" type of fun.

I'd say it's worth the $20.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have never goten into games like this and was just wondering what you do in Age Of Empires?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Age of Empires is a strategy type game like Starcraft. You create different units that have different functions, such as building, farming, fighting. You basically build up a town/outpost and try to kill the other team.

I like AOE3 a lot.

OP
egandolfi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
does anyone know if its as demanding as Civ Iv? I tried Civ 4 and I didn't get passed the tutorial. There was just WAY too much to know for my taste

Reaction score
It's a different type of game from Civ. AoE is more real-time strategy focussed on Warfare where you control different types of fighting units. It's not an easy game but worth the investment imho. I've only played earlier Civ. games but I find them a bit much as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.