Probs with Appleworks 6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
When I "convert" a file to a .doc file (unfortunately so many of my colleagues and contacts require such a format), it never looks as it did on my screen.

Any solution (other than buying more MS programs for my iBook)?

Note: I'm running PowerPC, not Intel.

thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
This is a known issue with AppleWorks. The formatting never matches up exactly when you convert.

The only real answer I know if is Microsoft Office, although perhaps someone with experience with NeoOffice has something to suggest?

OP
XPADREX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
*sigh* I was a-feared you might say that. disappointing actually- I revel in the use of my iBook- but the fact is, they gotta know most of the universe (at this point) isn't using Appleworks.

Having a poor conversion and forcing me to spend extra on another MS product is- well, counterproductive, nein?

Somebody save me- I truly have been reveling in Mac supremacy for over a year now... ...I don't want my bubble burst before I can fully convert all of my colleagues!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Well, if Apple was serious about trying to make AppleWorks a viable, competitive product, they wouldn't have stopped updating it in 2003. :)

The fact is that, for better or worse, the standard in the world is Microsoft Office, so it's a good thing there's a Mac version. Even Apple recognizes this and mentions this in one of their "Get a Mac" ads as a selling point.

If using MS Office for Mac helps to bring more people over to the Mac world, then I have no problem endorsing its use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
NeoOffice does have a better converter than AppleWorks, but of course its not quite the same.

M

MacHeadCase

XPADREX, as technologist points out, why not give NeoOffice a try and see where that takes you? Compatibility can only be better than with AppleWorks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.