Mighty mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
Hi all

Been using a wireless mighty mouse for a couple of months now, and have found that this thing consumes batteries so fast that its costing a bit to keep replacing them.
Anyone else found this or is it just mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I agree, if you are using "basic" batteries.... I have found (though I was skeptical at first).. that the "digital" Batteries like the Energizer E2's last quite a while... a few months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I picked my MM in December put two batteries in and have not thought about them since. Strange that yours are dying so quickly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Did the mouse come with batteries? I don't remember ever buying batteries for mine, and the batteries I had (whatever they were) lasted 4 months! I was very impressed/happy with that. My keyboard batteries are still working from when I originally purchased it back in November. But I really didn't use it it much until the end of December. Still, impressive.

Reaction score
Batteries were the reason I went with a wired keyboard and mouse. It's more cost effective and I never need to have nightmares about the day my keyboard dies and me not finding batteries anywhere in the house...

I am looking at the Logitech diNovo though, which is chargeable, only it has very limited Mac compatibility.

M

MacHeadCase

Hi all

Been using a wireless mighty mouse for a couple of months now, and have found that this thing consumes batteries so fast that its costing a bit to keep replacing them.
Anyone else found this or is it just mine.

I use rechargeable batteries because it is better for the environment. I have two sets: one in use and the one ready to put in when the other set is spent and ready for a charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i checked in the bluetooth section of mouse and keyboard prefs and both my keyboard and mouse have 4/5 battery left and i havent replaced them once...i bought em back in december...so almost 3 months and ony 1/5 used...at this rate they will last me over a year!
also, 1 question...do bluetooth devices use power when the computer is asleep?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think so. Otherwise they would wear out pretty fast. That was a major problem with early wireless keyboard/mouse combos. they started putting power switches on them and eventually made them "smart" enough to shut off automatically after a period of inactivity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
As an interesting comparison, I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo (Logitech S530). The mouse takes two AA batteries, the keyboard two AAA batteries. I got the S530 and my Mac together last May and I just had to replace both sets of batteries in the last week. So, they lasted for 10 months of pretty heavy use. I guess Logitech has done an OK job of power engineering on these devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.