SIP voice/video application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB 13.3" / iPod Nano 2nd gen
Hello folks,

I'm looking for a SIP client, that can do voice/video. On linux I've used ekiga, twinkle, but I've not found one that looks good for MacOS.

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks

Reaction score
G'day devilkin,

Have you already tried xmeeting?

Also I just wondered that seeing that Mac OS X is Unix based, maybe those above programs could run on your Mac? Just a thought ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Beat me to it by a few minutes Pulse-8! Yep, the best one I have found to date is Xmeeting. There is also its humbler partner, Xohphone, also available at the same site, but I think that Xohphone does just H.323.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
BTW, are you actually looking for a SIP client, or just a video calling client? If just video calling, consider Skype (www.skype.com). Computer to computer calls are completely free and the quality far exceeds what you get on Gnomemeeting/ekiga. PLUS, it is designed to work seamlessly behind NAT'ing firewalls, which has Gnomemeeting/ekiga is not!

I used to use Gnomemeeting for all my video calling (I run Arch Linux 0.7.2 in addition to Mac OS X - on different computers of course!) but have now switched to Skype exclusively.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MB 13.3" / iPod Nano 2nd gen
BTW, are you actually looking for a SIP client, or just a video calling client? If just video calling, consider Skype (www.skype.com).

Yeah, I know Skype, but I'm not a very big fan of it. The quality has always been worse than anything I've gotten through SIP/H.323

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.