photobooth-turn flash off?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh, that...

i was going to say no, but decided to do a little googling.

it seems there isn't a way, but there is a trick if all you're looking for is to get rid of the brightness. you can invert your screen colors with command+option+ctrl+8. from a thread on another forum i saw, the "flash" should then flash black instead of white. then revert the screen with the same command.

i'm not at my mac, so i can't test it myself to check the validity of the trick.

Reaction score
When Photo Booth takes a picture the screen acts as a flash and suddenly becomes extremley bright so that the iSight camera has a good chance to properly capture your image.

I can't really see how you would even access this feature to disable it as Photo Booth doesn't have any preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
oh, that...

i was going to say no, but decided to do a little googling.

it seems there isn't a way, but there is a trick if all you're looking for is to get rid of the brightness. you can invert your screen colors with command+option+ctrl+8. from a thread on another forum i saw, the "flash" should then flash black instead of white. then revert the screen with the same command.

i'm not at my mac, so i can't test it myself to check the validity of the trick.

aha, clever! Heh, I just put some paper over my screen to filter the flash down a little. Since the white balance is auto, I'd rather not have a blue face because of that 'flash'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
ooooo the invert colors thing looks awesome! oooh man x-ray on photobooth looks SUPER cool in invert. hhmm i bet there is a way to invert it permantly in photoshop......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
oh, and it WORKS awesome too. perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
ooooo the invert colors thing looks awesome! oooh man x-ray on photobooth looks SUPER cool in invert. hhmm i bet there is a way to invert it permantly in photoshop......

command+i in photoshop ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.