Isight error

Reaction score
I a having a problem loading photobooth, tried every-thing searched every where bought the mac 10 missing manual etc.etc.

the error message says the camera is in use by another application, I dont think this is the case. Is there a way to list all open applications without getting into "terminal" commands

Thanks for any help

OP
C
Reaction score
I a having a problem loading photobooth, tried every-thing searched every where bought the mac 10 missing manual etc.etc.

the error message says the camera is in use by another application, I dont think this is the case. Is there a way to list all open applications without getting into "terminal" commands

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hold down command and tap tab to show open programs. Then hold down command while tapping Q if you want to quit the programs. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Hello Christos and welcome to the Mac-Forums. I've answered you on your previous post. Please be patient, there's no need to post twice. There are lots of knowledgable people on this forum and they're more than willing to give you helpful answers. You'll get lots of great advice for your problem soon. Good luck.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Mod Note: Threads merged

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi Christos, I have had the VERY same problem repeatedly when using Skype. When a Skype session dies for any reason (and this does happen from time to time), somehow the iSight remains "in use" and I can't just restart Skype and keep going.

After some experimentation, I have found that if I unplug the iSight and then plug it back in (I have an external iSight, not an integrated one) this clears it up and I can get under way again.

Could this possibly help you work around (although not solve) your problem?

OP
C
Reaction score
OK thanks or suggestions so far and sorry about putting 2 post on the forum must have hit the submit button twice by accident.
Back to my problem As I said last night could not open photo booth because of the error message got fed up went to bed, tried this mornig every thing was fine - still fine after working all day - then took some photo booth photos about 15 then worked on some other stuff setting up user accounts and fast user switching and some preferences.
Then just wanted to try to see what was happening with photo booth and the same error message came on again.

I have a macbookpro with built in isight camera.
I am thinking about doing a "clean install" but before i do this i want to check system profiler to see if the camera is detected, will it be clearly labled as a isight camera.

Dont want to ramble just trying to give as much info as possible so some one can help me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.