In Energy Saver does amount of time until sleep affect anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a macbook core 2 duo. In the energy saver options i can adjust the amount of time it takes for my computer to go to sleep. Now when i have it set to go to sleep in a quick amount of time it says "your computer is optimized for long battery life." if i have it set to not go to sleep, it says "your computer is optimized for performance." This leads me to beleive that it is also changing processor speeds among other things and not just the amount of time before it goes to sleep? Am i right? or does it really just affect the time to sleep?

Thanks
Dan

OP
K
Reaction score
I have a macbook core 2 duo. In the energy saver options i can adjust the amount of time it takes for my computer to go to sleep. Now when i have it set to go to sleep in a quick amount of time it says "your computer is optimized for long battery life." if i have it set to not go to sleep, it says "your computer is optimized for performance." This leads me to beleive that it is also changing processor speeds among other things and not just the amount of time before it goes to sleep? Am i right? or does it really just affect the time to sleep?

Thanks
Dan

ps. i am posting in this forum because i did not get a reply in the osx forum. I am hoping this is a better spot for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ps. i am posting in this forum because i did not get a reply in the osx forum. I am hoping this is a better spot for it.
You had it in the right forum the first time. There is no need to start a new thread when you could have bumped your old one after a couple days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Changing sleep time doesn't really change anything else. Just a computer thats going for battery life will sleep immediately, and a computer for performance will never sleep, or sleep after a long time, in case its doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.