Safari & Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Hey all,
I've recently decided to stop using Firefox as my default browser, and switch over to Safari. Even so, if i click on various links, in a email, or on MSN messeger, they still open in Firefox. It's slightly annoying. How can i stop it?
Cheers in advance,
Sim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You need to set Safari as your default browser. Your Mac is still treating Firefox as the default. To correct this, go to Safari -> Preferences -> General and set the Default Browser drop down.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What a dunce, i thought i'd already done that. Thanks for the help.
Sim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Don't uninstall Firefox though. You WILL find sites that Safari just will NOT render (or even open) properly.
Safari is really behind in development (shame on you, Apple!)
I'd tried to use Safari exclusively, with Saft and various other Safari tweaks, but it just did not live up to it's potential.
I'm using firefox 100% unless a) Safari is brought up to date or b) Shiira is updated and outshines both FF and Safari.

Reaction score
95% of time I have no problems at all with Safari, and it's only a select few websites which I have to open Firefox for.

I find Firefox so much slower than Safari and less 'mac looking', so I stick with Safari.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have to agree with Liam, Safari is faster, and actually remembers my logins on pages where i've ticked the "remember me" box, unlike Firefox. (a mighty pain if you keep haing to type in email addresses all the time) but i won't uninstall Firefox, you never know what's round the corner. So thanks voiceofra

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.