macbook needs power convertor in middle east

Reaction score
My daughter will be taking her macbook to Azerbaijan. I need help figuring out how to get her plugged into power. I looked up some info which said: the electricity she is most likely to find in Azerbaijan is the European CEE7/7 "Schuko" wall outlet. We have an international converter set, but it says it is not for use with computers over 25watts. Can anyone talk me through this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I dont think you should need a power converter. Only a change of plug to fit into the psu.

The PSU of the Macbook can run from 100v to 240v on either 50Hz or 60Hz.

I know for a fact that it's possible to use the UK PSU(which I own) and use it Europe and USA, I have done it. All I did was change the wall plug.
Come to think of it, if you look on the Apple.com site and search for 'world travel adapter kit' you'll notice it's only the plug ends.

If the PSU needed an Earth then things may have gotten a little different.

I'm not sure what power system there is in Azerbaijan.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks, you're right. I got ahold of an apple store and asked if their world travel adapter kit would work for Azerbaijan. After a little research they found it would. We'll pick one up and she'll be off. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.