quad g5, trying to install bluetooth card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g5 quad 2.5ghz, ibook g4 1.33ghz, g4 867ghz
i've just bought a combined bluetooth and airport card for my quad g5, but can't figure out how or where to install it. i have the two antenna leads but can't help thinking i'm missing something. any help gratefully recieved!
(here are some pics . . )
inside the computer:

the card:

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Follow the 4 RAM slots up and you'll see another slot that looks similar, but is much smaller and towards the left (in the image). That's where it is installed.

502554vs8.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks surfwax, thats where i thought it would go - it looks like a standard airport slot, but if you look at the card i've been sold, (apple even checked against the serial no. of my machine to make sure), it's connection is way smaller?? guess i'll try calling apple tomorrow . . .
cheers

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just to say i've solved the issue . .
i also need a 'runway card' to use the wireless card they sold me saying thats all i needed,(it took them nearly 2 hours on the phone to find this out!!) more expense, and another ripple of apple discontent!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.