Sharing iTunes music between Two Macs without network

Reaction score
Hi. I've moved my old Mac mini downstairs for TV/DVD/music duties. However, I don't have a network, and it's through my iMac that I download iTunes purchases.

So my question is, if I buy music etc on the iMac, how do I get it on to the mini without a network? Can I just copy the folder from the iMac and drag it into the iTunes library on the mini?

Grateful for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Just use create network on the wireless adapter and get the other mac to connect to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
use an external hd, flash stick or even just burn it onto a cd and import it on to the other computer.
does that work?

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Maybe all I have to do is copy the folder to a flash drive from the iMac, drag it to the desktop on the mini, then import the songs into iTunes.

I'll try it and see what happens.

Reaction score
A couple of options I just thought of are:

1. If the Mac Mini is able to get on the internet you can email the song to yourself using the upstairs iMac and download it on the downstairs Mini.

2. This also requires a internet connection ... on the iMac - upload the song/s to a website like MegaUpload then on the Mini, just download them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.