New iMac Owner

Reaction score
I won a 24" iMac on a sweepstake. I have been a pc user for 15 yrs now and I am telling anyone that has any questions in mind about switching to mac DO IT NOW LOL. This thing rocks!!!!! And I have only been using it for a couple days. I live in the boonies so I had to purchase Apples modem. But I can surf so much faster with out all the pc crap going in the background. I can even stream and listen to iTunes radio with out stuttering to the point you cant hear crap(never could listen to any radio on windows). I like how the auto fill works also since I do alot of sweepstake online. Now to find some more play toys for this thing LOL.

Also I am not a big gamer only ones I care about they have for mac so I dont have to worry bout that either.

I only have a couple programs on my pc that cant run on the mac but i can run them on my laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Wow! Wish I could have won my Mac!! Congratulations.

I didn't know they had dial-up anymore :D

Reaction score
Congratulations blueeyeleo!

That's amazing - props to whoever decided to make it the prize!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wow! Talk about lucky, you really hit the jackpot. Aren't you glad you were introduced to the wonderful world of Mac? btw, welcome to the Mac-forum, you'll like it here and you'll have lots of Mac lovin' company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
Very awesome! Where did you win it at?

Reaction score
First of all, Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Sounds like you scored! Congrats on the prize and the switch to Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 core duo white
I've got sucky dial-up here too. Hopefully 2007 will be the year that some type of broadband gets here....

Right now, I have an EDGE wireless card running on my old windoz laptop and sharing the internet connection to the wifi connection on the macbook. It's at least 2x faster surfing on the mac vs the windows machine. I guess that all the windoz crap and antivirus junk eat up the bandwidth for the pc. The mac is DEFINITELY faster over the same connection... Weird huh??

Reaction score
Having had to use dial-up on occasion when I've been on the road in the past, I feel your pain. Miserable! Fortunately, most hotels do have free high speed now and when they don't...I've just learned to go without.

I sure wouldn't mind winning myself a new iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.