Trackpad Clicker Help

Reaction score
hi, im new to this forum and have had my macbook for about 3 months. just last week, i've been having problems with my trackpad clicker. when i put pressure on it, it makes this weird noise and feels like something got stuck under it. it isn't when i click on it. it's just when i slightly tap it. it's on and off too, meaning that it doesn't happen all the time. thanks in advance for any help.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if you got it recently you should just be able to take it in. might be worth it in case it is a real issue that might get worse. they'll most likely just have to remove and replace it. shouldn't be a biggie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
o that happened to one of the ibooks at school...it came out of nowhere and left after a few days of use...idk wait and see if it goes away

Reaction score
i have the same issue, although it's not really a fault. some macbooks have it...some dont. Some solved it by putting a yin yang sticker underneath (dont ask how this made a difference).

What i did was change my options in system preferences. i know dont need the button at all and can do all my clicking (and right clicking) by just touching the touchpad.

Reaction score
The clicker is famous for dying......18 months for me......get a mouse before it dies completely, and u have no choice but to replace it.....(and the whole top)

mice are cheap.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.