headache

Reaction score
I bought a secondhand macbook but I didnt get their password then I cant update software and so on. Help me

Reaction score
Were you smart enough to get the Startup Discs with the laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
well maybe call apple and see if it has any sort of warranty on it, if so then they can send you some replacement disks.

if not, then you will need to purchase some inorder to reinstall your os x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Are you able to contact the previous owner for the discs/password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
careful guys . new user, only 2 posts.

sounds stolen to me.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well he may have stolen himself some trouble too.

i would TOTALLY suggest calling apple though. and please make sure to give them the serial number that they'll need to give you the disks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
no password, no restore disc(s) and its "secondhand" I smell fish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
careful guys . new user, only 2 posts.

sounds stolen to me.
no password, no restore disc(s) and its "secondhand" I smell fish.
None of that means anything. A member's lack of postcount and that fact that it is a used machine doesn't prove or disprove anythying. There is no reason for anyone to jump to conclusions and make accusations of theft.
Used Macs are sold on sites like eBay and others everyday with no installation media. It doesn't mean that it was stolen.

To the OP, you will need to get the installation media. Contact the seller and see if they can send it to you. Since it is a MacBook, there is no retail version that you can buy. If the seller cannot give it to you, then Apple may be able to work something out. You will have to contact them to see what, if anything, can be done about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
None of that means anything. A member's lack of postcount and that fact that it is a used machine doesn't prove or disprove anythying. There is no reason for anyone to jump to conclusions and make accusations of theft.
Used Macs are sold on sites like eBay and others everyday with no installation media. It doesn't mean that it was stolen.

To the OP, you will need to get the installation media. Contact the seller and see if they can send it to you. Since it is a MacBook, there is no retail version that you can buy. If the seller cannot give it to you, then Apple may be able to work something out. You will have to contact them to see what, if anything, can be done about it.

I was not trying to suggest its stolen.. It just seems odd to me..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.