I CAN"T uninstall earthdesk!!

Reaction score
I installed EarthDesk the other day just t give it a try.(earthdesk is a desktop wallpaper that depicts the map of the world in real time,clouds,lighting, etc. i's constantly running) I then decided that i didn't really like it so i tried to change my desktop back to another pic. It worked, but then the stupid earthdesk automatically replaced it again! it keeps doing this and i've spent hours trying to figure it out. Its ridiculous! The thing is evil and wont get off my computer.

I go into the system prefernces and everything, but there isn't a button, function, or icon to stop this stupid thing. And i can't delete it until it stops running......PLEASE help me if you have dealt with this before!

I've tried there directions on the website, but it says to hit the "stop" button, but I can't find it....it doesn't exist.

OP
G
Reaction score
. If EarthDesk is running, Stop EarthDesk (click the stop button in the System Prefs Pane)

Yes, it says to do this.......but there is no STOP button. I open up the System Prefs. Pane and its the regular system preferences

Reaction score
the "stop earthdesk" option is in the earthdesk button on the menu bar...it's a small black circle surrounded by an outlined half circle...just click it and the drop down menu appears...click "stop earthdesk"...

Reaction score
also...when u go to the system preferences pane...earthdesk should be in the "Other" row...click on it, and "stop earthdesk" is the button on the bottom...

OP
G
Reaction score
is the menu bar the icons in system preferences??

because i'm in system preferences...and there isn't a menu or icon at all for earthdesk

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks fot the help

but there isn't an earthdesk icon anywhere...its not in the OTHER section either.....should i just download it again and hope it comes up?

Reaction score
ok...then u prob didnt select that option when u installed...the menu bar is the bar at the top of the screen where the clock, battery power indicator, spotlight, etc... are located...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.