10.4.9 Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Firmware update - WENT WITHOUT A HITCH....this time. Got the replacement MBP and ith great trepidation ran the updates again. This time after the downloding and installing occured, I held the power button until the light flashed as I did before - only this time I got a 2 sec beep noise and the screen sprang into action again. Didn't happen last time. All done reasonably quickly although I didn' hear the fast fan noise some have described.

I am a Mac user now........whoop whoop.

Reaction score
Hey Congratulations MaDDoG ! Yeah that was weird ... great they replaced it straight up! Here comes another refurb ... MaDDoG's ole MBP ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
I don't know for sure if the following issue was related directly to the update, but the timing is weird, to say the least. I updated a MB and a MBP within a day of each other. Suddenly, neither was able to connect to my network, although the network was 'seen' by both. I ultimately had to go into the router menu and deny all agents and then specify the MB and MBP MAC addresses to allow them to connect. A PC on the same network, never had any issue but I still had to specify it's MAC address once I denied all.
Strange, huh?

Neil M.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.