Problems with transfer of Quicken from windows to mac

Reaction score
Hi. I hope someone can help. I'm having a rough time transferring my data from my quicken windows to my new quicken mac. I've tried everything. I shortened all my words to under 15 characters and I exported to QIF. When it imports to the mac only one account will transfer correctly and and all the others will not. :( How do I get everything to transfer at once. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 200GB, Smokin! :)
Intuit Business Practices may be part of the problem...

Hi. I hope someone can help. I'm having a rough time transferring my data from my quicken windows to my new quicken mac. I've tried everything. I shortened all my words to under 15 characters and I exported to QIF. When it imports to the mac only one account will transfer correctly and and all the others will not. :( How do I get everything to transfer at once. Thanks.

Shepards - I'm going through the same issues, and from what I'm reading, I'm NOT happy. I've been an Intuit (for PC) customer for about 10 years, and have tons of data in Quicken for the PC. I've been fighting with importing that data into Quicken 2007 for Mac, with NO success. Q2007Mac attempts to import the QIF file from the PC and it bombs every time. I have tried everything on the Intuit site, and plan to call their 'Quicken Platform Conversion' help line next week.

I'm extremely disheartened by what the following blogger reported:

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/tags/Quicken/

It may be that Intuit's business practices are what is ham-stringing my efforts. It appears that, even if I DO get my data imported successfully, I may still have problems with future QFX transaction downloads from my banks if they have not paid Intuit to support both PC and Mac downloads. The QFX files are platform independent, but are verified against the Intuit servers before they allow you to import the data. If my bank only paid to support PC QFX files, I may not be able to download it to the Mac.

Until a solution is found, I'll just have to keep running WinXP via Parallels to keep my finances up to date.

I'm continuing my research, but am not liking the results so far. Let's keep in touch and see what each finds.

Regards // NoVA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.