burining error codes

Reaction score
i have an imac flat panel and it is not burning DVD's at first when i tried to burn a disc it was putting up the message

"The disc could not be used because the disc drive is not supported. (Error code 0x80020025)".

But not when i try to put a DVD-R in it doesnt even read it. it just spits the disc out with no error code. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
http://www.macfixitforums.com/php/printthread.php?Board=Forum39&main=645408&type=post
:)

Edit: I also just read that resetting the PRAM will work also...

"One solution involves inserting the CD, allowing the error message to pop up, then force quitting the Finder (either via the Apple menu "Force Quit" option, or by holding down the "option" and "control" keys in tandem, clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock and selecting "Relaunch"). After relaunching the Finder, some users report that the media shows up appropriately and can be successfully recorded.

Some readers experiencing this problem have noted that resetting PRAM and NVRAM via the following process "

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.