• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

macbook bag?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" bmb, coreduo,2gb,80gb
As I'm gearing up to graduate this summer I will be taking my macbook with me everywhere I go including the final few classes I have and into the corporate world.

I want to find a bag thats "office professional" I already have a timbuk2 messenger bag that I sling around with me, but I wanted a change.

I was looking at the brenhatven pro 12/15 and the Victorinox WT Standard Brief

anyone have an input into the finance/marketing corporate world?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Samsonite bags are always good...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Try a search - You'll find so much info here on this subject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I personally like the Brenthaven bags, but they are a bit on the steep side. For economical every day use, the inCase bags (the same maker of the neoprene sleeves) are amazing. I have an inCase messenger bag for my 15" MBP, and it works fantabulously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo MacBook (home); Core Solo mini (work)
Trager has worked well for me. They do tend toward the sporty side, but have several professional-level bags. They also assign each bag a numerical rating for protection ability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
I use a different bag, depending on my outfit ... I generally take my laptop with me, but not always.

It doesn't totally make sense for me to have a bunch of different laptop-specific bags that are ugly, so I've got a bunch of different cute non-computer bags, and a Nine West padded slipcase that fits my macbook perfectly! So, I just toss that into whatever bag works with that day's outfit.

Uhm, then again, you're a guy, so probably don't need to have a 9 different bags, that you choose from depending on what shoes you're wearing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
There are tons of posts on this topic... just use the "Search" button above.

I gave my response in this thread just the other day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I got a nice bag for my MacBook at Wal-Mart for $20. I believe the brand name is cIcon or icon or something.

Edit: I just checked and the brand name is "Icon." It seems to work pretty well for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Yeah, I have a Timbuk2 Messenger and love it, but also have an incase neoprene sleve that I use to throw in a bookbag or larger bag when traveling. The brenthaven bags are very nice, for the more "professional" use. I graduate next year to become a teacher so "professionalism" is going to be a very big part of my first few years. I havent really thought much about the bag I will haul my beast (hopefully by that time I have a smaller MBP instead of this huge PB) around in...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.