IPOD skipping thru tracks

Reaction score
I have a current 30G Ipod and have a problem recently when trying to play a good few tracks. They play fine on my ibook but when I start particular albums on my ipod it skips thru every track without playing a second of any track and when it skips thru the entire album it goes back to the main menu

Doea anyone have any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it?

Reaction score
Restore the entire iPod to factory setting in the iPod menu, and then put the music back on it.

You may have unplugged it while it was updating. Happens to me all the time.

OP
R
Reaction score
This has happened a few times on me but I never plug it out until its inished and I eject it before unplugging it. I just restored it last week so it looks like I have to do it again.

Between this and the error 48 message my new video ipod is driving me nuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I have a current 30G Ipod and have a problem recently when trying to play a good few tracks. They play fine on my ibook but when I start particular albums on my ipod it skips thru every track without playing a second of any track and when it skips thru the entire album it goes back to the main menu

Doea anyone have any ideas of what is causing this and how to fix it?

I love this place, its my home. with that said in my opinion this is not the best place for a lot of good ipod help.. try these forums, www.ilounge.com or www.apple.com

Reaction score
This has happened a few times on me but I never plug it out until its inished and I eject it before unplugging it. I just restored it last week so it looks like I have to do it again.

Between this and the error 48 message my new video ipod is driving me nuts.

Well, thats a bummer. It happens sometimes, but at least it is an easy fix.

Good luck with it. Rep for the kind question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.