Pages designed for IE won't load on Firefox/Safari

Reaction score

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Tried every browser on my imac. Nothing works. I have Flash and WMP also. Camino with Cami-Tools spoofs a lot of IE pages but not this one. Don't know what to say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This unfortunately will not be possible.
Microsoft went out of its way to make the page incompatible with anything but its browser. There is no update for IE for Mac and you can't even download the Mac version anymore. It was worthless anyway.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just to back up DB, on my PC with XP SP2 and latest FireFox. Even Firefox on the PC gets the same results. Nothing but IE works. Dang Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Interesting. I can't even fool it with a user agent. This is the sort of thing MSN users should definitely complain to Microsoft about, especially those that pay for some sort of premium service from them. This sort of idiocy and laziness is just unacceptable. I'm fine with IE being required for Windows updates, but this is just retarded.

M

MacHeadCase

This unfortunately will not be possible.
Microsoft went out of its way to make the page incompatible with anything but its browser. There is no update for IE for Mac and you can't even download the Mac version anymore. It was worthless anyway.

Yep Micro$oft wants its own type of Internet even if the idea to begin Internet in the first place was a common ground for all computer platforms, no matter the OS used.

This is why Web advocates decried M$'s IE code and actions years ago, they knew it would lead to something like this, websites IE-only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
That sucks. I have never came across a page like that before.

If Microsoft could, they would probably own the internet and charge people, businesses, governments and ISPs to use it. Kind of makes you wish more people would have supported Netscape back in the day.

Luckily now though FireFox has became hugely popular on all platforms and there are more and more Safari users as the amount of Mac users increase. Not all of Microsoft is the same though, Hotmail works fully on FireFox, although not on Safari yet, if ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
3 apps to view a single video? Must be the best darn video there is on the internet if that's what it takes. I'm surprised Microsoft don't also ask for your bank details in order to view that page :p

A page 'optimised' for IE is not a properly designed web page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Don't you just hate that? This is the only reason that I have parallels at all...there are two websites that I use for work that will only work with IE. I've tried all kinds of workarounds but no luck.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is why I refer to it as "Microsoft Internet Exploiter".

One person I know calls it Microsoft Internet Exploder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.