not booting

Reaction score
Hey, I was just given an iBook G3 600MHz and it doesn't seem to want to boot. I think it might be a firmware issue and was wondering how to reset it, I've read that you are supposed to press ctrl+option+shift+power but it doesn't seem to be making the boot tone. Am I doing something wrong?

::edit::
It does make the boot tone when I just press power, and after a while will get to the OS X loading screen, however it freezes while booting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
Have you ran a hardware test yet to verify whether it is a software issue or a hardware issue?

OP
R
Reaction score
No I haven't, the CD drive is pretty much toast in it...I'll be taking the computer apart to see if it works without the drives hooked up. I'll also see if I have a drive laying around that will work to do the test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
I would highly advise that you do NOT do that. You can download the software from the apple website and burn it to a cd. What would be the point in taking apart your mac and then the hardware not being the issue? Furthermore I'm not sure if you know, but it is a huge pita to take apart ibooks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.