My site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
Ok guys i am new to all of this, but i would like your comments on a site that i have done using dreamweaver for a club that i am a member of.

Please be gentle.
http://www.wacac.me.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
It looks very good and suitable for the target audience, which by membership info is across the board, so you using simple colours and not flashing text or fast moving images.

Anyway the only problem I have is with the "WordArt" style title, I hate them as a personal campaign they were fun when I was really young but they just look ever so slightly unprofessional.

Apart from that very good work :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Other than the text at the top, great site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Other than the text at the top, great site.
I would have to agree. With the text being grey and having a drop shadow, it makes it hard to read.
I would suggest losing the drop shadow completely anyway. It is tricky to to get it to look convincing and to make it look like it "belongs" there.

Reaction score
Nice.

I'd agree that the text at the top could use some work!
hmmm.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Looks good from here. Opens quickly and is systematic in layout. But please get some colour into the heading.

One other thing....brrr the local weather can you do something about that.....6 degrees celcius is too cold. 25 here today in Autumn....that about 42 and 80 F for you no metrics out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
One other thing....brrr the local weather can you do something about that.....6 degrees celcius is too cold. 25 here today in Autumn....that about 42 and 80 F for you no metrics out there.

It's also 10:23 PM at Night!!

But then again it was about 15°C Max today where I was...As I always say to people if you don't like the Weather the %$£@ Off! Lol I actually love British Weather it suits me perfectly, that's what made me decide to got to Aussie Land in April might be a bit Colder but still Warmer than here.

OP
twdawson
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Crossbones that looks interesting and thanks for taking the time. I will give it a go and see how it looks on the site when i have some time.

And thank you all for taking the time to look at the site and comment, it is very much a work in progress project.

OP
twdawson
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I know the weather here really sucks, i am sitting here with the heating on overdrive.

Please keep the comments coming as i am always looking for new ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The font choice is much better on the new page's header.
My opinion:
I would still lose the drop shadow completely. Drop shadows are simply overdone.
In the past, drop shadows on text were evocative. They really showed the skill and creativity of a designer.
In our present times, it is a canned, "one-button" effect in almost every major designing software on the market. These days it only evokes what software application it was done in and nothing of skill or foresight of a designer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.