Cleaning up computer

Reaction score
I am new to the mac pro (I've always had PC) Can someone tell me the steps in removing cookies, tracking sites, etc. I know with PC there is a way to do that.

Also, in error I went on some adult sites which I would like to clean up. Thanks!

OP
T
Reaction score
Follow up question

I use firefox as my browser, will that clean up that as well. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am new to the mac pro (I've always had PC) Can someone tell me the steps in removing cookies, tracking sites, etc. I know with PC there is a way to do that.

Also, in error I went on some adult sites which I would like to clean up. Thanks!

I thought this was an adult site....LOL ROFL LMAO

Seriously though, are there any programs for Macs that can control cookies. I used Cookie Monster in PC's and it would keep the ones you want and repelled all others.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Opera provides the most control of any Mac browser I have found including a fairly good cookie manager and a lot of tools built in including a password manager. Opera gives you general cookie control and website specific control of cookies in it's preferences pane. There is also a "quick preferences" which allows you to edit controls only for the site you are currently displaying. Anyone use to the control set in windows browsers like Avant browser will find Opera much to their liking on the Mac side. It is not quite as fast as a couple of other browsers out there, but is not bad on broadband and if the others had all the control options of Opera, don't believe they would be quite as fast either.

Other than that, all the major browsers I have used since getting my Mac have a built-in tool to delete all the junk that builds up while browsing. Of course the following delete pretty much everything.
Opera - Tools - Delete Private data
Firefox - Tools - Clear Private data
Safari - Safari - Reset Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
Using FireFox, go to 'tools' then 'clear private data'...check all that apply. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.