Bootcamp Internet Problem

Reaction score
Hey, all --

I have a problem with my Intel-based MacBook Pro (OS X 10.4.8). I have installed and used Bootcamp on it, so that I may also access Windows XP. Previously, I was having no trouble connecting to the internet on both OSX and XP. For some reason, however, I am no longer able to connect on XP. Please note that I CAN, however, connect to the internet on OS X perfectly fine.

The weird part is that in XP, it not only shows the wireless signal, but it also is able to "connect" with an excellent signal strength. But when I open a browser, it won't load any websites.

Here are some things I've tried already:

- Sending a ping -- no connection and thus unable to return it
- Renew IP address -- no luck
- Plug in to the ethernet cable -- internet works fine
- Go to a different wireless location -- problem still exists (thus, it's NOT the wireless connection -- which it wouldnt make sense to be anyways, since the internet works fine on the OSX).
- Restart the computer -- no change

Please help!

Zack Rosen
[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Maybe you can try to reinstall the drivers that Boot Camp Assistant made. If that doesnt work, go to OS X and burn another driver CD. Maybe that will work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.