Every image I scroll over is magnified - "Zoom" is off, what's the problem?

Reaction score
For instance, if I hover over the Apple logo, it magnifies that - it magnified the icons on my desktop, search bars, etc. It happened after I was stuck in a slideshow and I stupidly pressed a million buttons on my keyboard. I looked for a remedy, but the only thing I could find was 'Zoom' - which says it's off and I tried changing it back and forth with no success. What's the problem?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, terrapin! Sounds like maybe you have accidentally turned on the Universal Access...

Go to your System Preferences and check out the Universal Access pane and see if the Seeing settings are like in the screengrab below... If you mean the Zoom in that setting is off, well you might have set off something else in the settings...

Universal_access.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Thank you for the response!

However, my settings look just like that. Zoom is off, but it keeps magnifying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're seeing. Which Apple logo? The one at the top left? Also, does the whole screen zoom in or is it just the single icon magnifying like the dock?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.