PCMCIA card substitutes for Broadband service?

Reaction score
One of the things I'll want to do eventually is get Broadband service for my laptop, so the Internet is available anywhere I go (within cell service limits, of course). You know, EVDO service, or BroadbandConnect, or whatever it's called. ;-)

The Macbook doesn't have a PCMCIA card slot or an Express card slot. Is there any way to make this happen on a Macbook? Or is it simply not possible?

Thanks.

EDIT: oh, I know this can be done on the Macbook Pro, but I want to know if it can be done on the Macbook.

Reaction score
Yes, there is a USB broadband card

My first post!!

I have a MacBook and the Verizon USB broadband Aircard. I like it a lot. On the downside, I could not get it "free" after rebate and paid almost $200.0

Sprint has their USB card on sale for 50.00 and a rebate.

Service is fast. Comparable to DSL but seems slower than Cable. Service is VERY expensive too. Around $100.00 a month in FL with all the taxes.

You can also get a CardBus adapter for the PCMCIA card to connect via USB. Google PCMCIA to USB.

Tripfly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.