my mac mini and internet

Reaction score
I have a regular PC right beside my mac. well I hooked the internet back up to my mac just a little bit ago. well I have cable internet wireless down here.. on the PC it goes reallly fast, and on my Mac its very slow.. can someone tell me why? and what to do? the mac is actin like its Dial up when it isn't supposed to be. the internet is working very fast on the PC.any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you. Mandy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
What happens when you turn off the PC and go on the internet with the Mac? Same speed?
Eliminating a variable - the K.I.S.S. principle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
What wireless router make and model?
Any way you can hook the mini up wired, instead of wireless (just for testing)?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you say SLOW what do you mean? When doing what? Surfing the web? Using Safari? Is this an older G4 mini or the new Core Duo Intel Mini? What version of OSX?

I have both Minis here as well as very fast PC's. They are very close. Safari though on some sites seems a bit slower. Try Camino or Firefox and see if things pick up a bit.

I use that same router by the way. My network is quite large with many Macs and many PC's. Some of the older Macs are a bit slower than a faster PC right next to it but nothing like Dial up. Not at all.

OP
M
Reaction score
power pc G4 1.2... CPU speed 1.25 ghz, yeahI use it on safari. the limewire downloads about 1-4 minutes. the internet is being slow like dial up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.