messed up harddrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I was trying to partition my hard drive on my macbook via bootcamp. It froze halfway through when I unplugged my printer. I had to do a hard reboot. Since then, my disk utility program notices a error on my harddrive that isn't one of the "ok" errors apple listed on their support page for intel macs. It said I had to use the mac os X install disk to start the computer up and run disk utility to repair the disk. I don't have the original os X disks the computer came with. But I do have the os X disks that came with my intel imac. Those should work right? Anyways, after I hold down C while restarting the language selection screen shows up, and after I choose a language I get this message that I can't boot from the disk and to restart or choose a startup disk. I can't reformat the computer either.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I doubt that the imac disks will work, since the disks are model specific. However, it's worth a shot- try booting up with the 1st OS X DVD, choose Disk Utility and try to repair the drive.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I tried that. I didn't know that the disks were model specific... Guess that kinda stinks for me :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.