no wireless airport

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" Core 2 Duo - 2.16 GHz - 2Gb RAM - 256 Mb Graphics
I just got bootcamp working so I could play some of my games, (half life 2 - steam and battlefield 2), i really cant play any since they need an internet connection. I installed the mac drivers from the cd and everything is all good except for the internet connection. It seems as though windows doesn't recognize the airport extreme built-in, because I go into device manager and scroll down and see one thing with a "?" "unknown pci device" or something like that. I've tried to find drivers for it but I had no luck.

I'm pretty sure I have bootcamp version 1.1.2 because I downloaded the bootcamp assistant last weekend. So is there anything possible I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Try deleting the ? unknown PCI device from the device manager in Windows. After that, re-install your Mac Drivers cd. After that, reboot.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I tired that but nothing changes, I go back into device manager and it still has the yellow "?" with pci device...

Reaction score
Go to Control Panel>Network Connections and make sure the wireless connection shows up. If it is there make sure it is enabled. If it needs to be enabled, right-click it and choose enable.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How can I setup my wireless internet connection on the xp side using my built-in airport?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.