question about mac g4

Reaction score
i bought a mac g4 and an apple studio display monitor 17" separately and am trying to connect both but cannot get the monitor to start.
The G4 only came w/ 2 vga ports and no dvi, so I bought the "ATI Rage 128 Pro 16MB AGP Video Card ADC & VGA" in order to connect but the monitor still will not even start. I was thinking that there is not enough power going to the monitor, so maybe adding a usb connection from the monitor to the tower would help??
If you have any suggestions please respond and let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I don't know what the issue is, but I know a "usb connection" won't help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 gig G4
They sell dvi to vga adapters. I bought one on ebay for $6. Apple store sells them for about $20. You can probably pick one up local too for about same price. I would try that to make sure you don't have a problem with your new monitor. If it works with the adapter I would return or exchange the video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I wonder if there is a software install involved for the monitor just like when you buy a new mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.