now or later?

Reaction score
Hi... I’m new to this forum and Mac but I have decided that I’m going to buy a MBP, I don't need it right now so I’m just wondering if I wait will Leopard then be included in the MBP price or will I then have to buy the new OS and install it myself?

Thanks in advance
~ 98jokl

Reaction score
If you don't need to buy right this minute just wait a while – maybe only a few weeks – and when Leopard's released it'll be pre-installed (maybe not straight away - if you buy the day it's launched you might get a pack of disks to install it yourself - but certainly soon after).

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if you buy it before leopard comes out, you will have tiger, which is just fine.

if you wait, possibly for another few months, you can get a new system with leopard installed out of the box.

you can always upgrade from tiger to leopard anytime after leopard comes out for about $129 US.

OP
98jokl
Reaction score
do you think leopard will be out in march/april? because then ill just wait

Reaction score
It's impossible to say. Some reports indicate end-March. One thing worth considering is that this is a pretty quiet time of year sales-wise. If you have the money to buy now, it might be worth phoning Apple and haggling a bit. It depends if you're confident enough to stick at it. You'll get a better deal on the phone. I just got a great deal on a 20-inch iMac, Elgato EyeTV Hybrid, AppleCare and a Universal iPod dock.

As eric says, Tiger is great and will give you something to play with for now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Buy the computer when you need a new computer. Don't look at what may or may not come out in the near or far future. No matter what you do, something better will always be released that is better than what you currently have.

When you need a new computer, and have the money to afford one, go get one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.