The fan on my MacBook is starting to get really LOUD! :(

Reaction score
Ok my macbook is a couple months old now...

just today i had a bunch of applications up (which shouldnt really cause the computer any stress considering i have 2.33 ghz intel core 2 duo processor and 2gb memory)

and i notice that the fan became increasingly and abnormally loud..

does this happen as the mac book gets older??? i never had this problem when it was brand new..

T

todd51

With a lot of applications running, I'm sure it was just the fans increasing rpm's to cool down the processor. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless the fans are still loud when there are no apps running.

Reaction score
Mine did i got a macbook pro 15" and the fan started to get loud and the died
acording to smcfan control the fan speed was 0 :| then the other one started to get loud and i just recently replaced both no problems since and cooler temperatures for sure... i have my laptop almost on all the time so i guess the high temperature and bad quality made them fail...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
Is the noise a humming or a simple blowing or do you hear more lf a rattle? The rattle is a problem...the humming is a good thing.
I had the rattle which turned into a pronounced grinding sound and resulted in both fans being replaced.
BTW: is this a macbook or a macbook pro?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.