Adium Dock icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
For some strange reason any time I open up Adium It changes the icon I assigned to it in candybar and goes back to the stupid little duck on the dock lol

How can I change this icon permanently?

Reaction score
adium dock icon is different you have to change something within the adium application folders i think, because the dock icons change with the program. ie. you have to have a different icon for away, online, new message, etc, you cant just use any icon. if you go to adiums add-on site there are lots there.

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
adium dock icon is different you have to change something within the adium application folders i think, because the dock icons change with the program. ie. you have to have a different icon for away, online, new message, etc, you cant just use any icon. if you go to adiums add-on site there are lots there.

Oh No I mean the actually program icon in my applications folder it stays the custom one and in my dock it stays that way until I open it then it switches to the old one again and I have to open candybar again and change it and relaunch the dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I find Candybar to be alittle bit wacky. I used it to change my icons and things got all weird and messed up. I finally was able to get things back to normal and I know longer use it. If I do change an icon it's the old "Copy and Paste" way :)

Reaction score
For some strange reason any time I open up Adium It changes the icon I assigned to it in candybar and goes back to the stupid little duck on the dock lol

If this happened to me, it would probably "quack" me up!! :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

You need to use the Adium preferences to permanetly change the Adium icon, it works differently than other icons.

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I tried using thir preferences but all I get is theyre basic "duck" icons

by the way...it did QUACK me up lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
go to adiumxtras.com and download your prefered iconset, then using the prefs, change it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
go to adiumxtras.com and download your prefered iconset, then using the prefs, change it.

yep. With adium and your browser both open, click 'install' on the extra, rather than download. Everything is automatic from there. Then under Appearance preferences in Adium, select it from the dropdown menu. There are some great icons there. Once they're downloaded, they're all stored there, so they can be changed at any time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
You need to use the Adium preferences to permanetly change the Adium icon, it works differently than other icons.
I'm a noob. How do I go about changing my other dock icons? I had no problems changing my Adium icon but I'd like to customize my dock some more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting one for Xmas!!
kenbo,

What a great picture is that San Franciso?

Penny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
Yes it is! :)

At least I hope so. I got this from someone else. Shhh!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I'm a noob. How do I go about changing my other dock icons? I had no problems changing my Adium icon but I'd like to customize my dock some more.

What other icons are you wanting to change? Examples?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
Perhaps my iTunes or iCal icons. I was browsing the icons over at interfacelift.com and saw a few that interested me. I was going to download them but then realized I had no idea how to replace my existing icons hehe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.