Safari not displaying Ebuyer.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Safari is not displaying ebuyer correctly. (as you can see in the screenshot)

I've reset safari and emptied the cache, but it doesn't seem t help. It works fine in firefox however.

Can tell me how to make it work correctly

BTW the website was displaying correctly a few days ago.

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
No new plugins for Safari installed?

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
No i have not installed no new plugins...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does the same thing on this end. I have no issues with any of the other sites I visit with Safari, but http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/home/ does what yours does. Tried it in Camino and it's perfect. Strange it worked a few days ago. It looks like a compatibility thing. I wonder if they redid some of the code in the past few days?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The issue is more than likely an issue on Ebuyer's end. A change to their code could have caused the issue with how Safari interpets it.
A solution that you would be able to preform isn't likely.
Try contacting them and at least make them aware that the page isn't displaying properly in the Safari browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
Noticed the same thing today, it was the first time my father had tried using the mac that he thinks i shouldnt have got because windows is more compatible and he finds a problem. Typical.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried the page on a lot of browsers. It's also broken on Sunrise Browser for OSX. The Mozilla browsers (Camino and Firefox) both work as does Opera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I tried the page on a lot of browsers. It's also broken on Sunrise Browser for OSX. The Mozilla browsers (Camino and Firefox) both work as does Opera.
Sunrise browser uses Safari's engine.

Reaction score
Hi All

All of a sudden my First Direct home banking will not work and the web page is actually saying it will not work with Safari!
Whats that all about?
I am actually being instructed to use Firefox.
Very annoying as I bought the Mac for the convenience of using the bundled programs.
I'm not best pleased :(

Heres the text ....

We recommend that you install Firefox (version 1.5 or higher) so that you can access our internet banking service.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M

MacHeadCase

Shiira uses the same rendering engine as Safari.

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Bajie. I know that with certain add-ons like SafariStand (you'll be able to find this at either MacUpdate or through google) you can use a Debug menu in the menubar and change Sfafari's user agent. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes not.

If it does not, your best bet might be to use Firefox for your banking till the next Safari version in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and see if that doesn't fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Noticed the same thing today, it was the first time my father had tried using the mac that he thinks i shouldnt have got because windows is more compatible and he finds a problem. Typical.

Tell you father I had a few problems with Internet Explorer 7 since it took a couple of months for all sites to become compatible!

It's not a browser problem - it's peoples' websites!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.