photoshop to almost any other program color problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz iMAC w/ 4GB Ram - 17" 1.67ghz PBook G4 w/ 2GB Ram
Hey everyone,

New to the forums. Made the switch about a year and a half ago and I am hooked. :black: I currently own a 17" PBook which i work on anything from photography, photoshop art, a bit of video editing, and now starting to do web design. Basically, i love anything "visually" cool that comes out of my monitor...

My problem is (ive tried the search function for the solution but have come up short) I work with PC users and when we transfer files from mine to theirs, the colors always look bland in their monitors. Same thing happens when i try to use another program in my Mac, like Dreamweaver or even when i made a design for a friends myspace. When it is seen on the web (even on my mac), it looks bland. The color I see in photoshop is always different.

I tried playing with the color setting and cannot solve it. Thats why im turning to the Forums for help... has anybody else had this problem? Im hoping it's a simple setting i just overlooked.

my mac color setting are at default, which is "color lcd calibrated"
and my Photoshop is now back to default.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, jALVA21.

This comes from the fact that the Mac and Windoze platforms don't share the same gamma. The Mac's is 1.8 and Windoze is 2.2 which is why graphics coming from a Windoze box look so bland added is the poor colour management a Windoze box has.

You could maybe try to download GammaToggle. But this is indeed a problem. Some say that saving your graphics in sRGB helps as that colour space was designed by M$ specially for computer monitors: so for anything ranging from multimedia to web content, that should be fine.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz iMAC w/ 4GB Ram - 17" 1.67ghz PBook G4 w/ 2GB Ram
thanks for the welcome and fast reply Macheadcase. Ill definitely look into Gamma Toggle. It is so frustrating only being able to use "web safe colors", all the cool colors are web hazards! hopefully that can help my color woes.

If anybody has any other solutions id love to hear it...:bomb:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.