Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
are you people who are right and left clicking PC people, because for l0 years I have had a mac and there IS NO RIGHT CLICK. We have a mouse with one click or double click...what in the world is a left click in the mac world?

Left click is your single click, right click is the equivelent of what happens if you click whilst holding down the ctrl key. Plug a two or three button mouse into you Mac and try it out for yourself.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
This mouse always looked like a cool idea to me but for some reason I can't help thinking that it would give me a problem with accurate clicking. I'm a big fan of the Macbook trackpad and when I get a mouse it'll probably be the old standby one button job =)

Reaction score
After switching to Mac I gave up my Apple mouse and switched to a Logitec TrackerBall. Never had a problem with it right clicking or anything else.

M

MacHeadCase

are you people who are right and left clicking PC people, because for l0 years I have had a mac and there IS NO RIGHT CLICK. We have a mouse with one click or double click...what in the world is a left click in the mac world?

Sorry mary18 but there is right-clicking: in fact it has been around for a while...

Apple's Mighty Mouse has left and right-clicking:

The Button That Wasn’t
Alas the fate of the one-button mouse in today’s multibutton world. Who has time for intuitive, elegant design when there is so much clicking to do? Thanks to a smooth top shell with touch-sensitive technology beneath, Mighty Mouse allows you to right click without a right button. Capacitive sensors under Mighty Mouse’s seamless top shell detect where your fingers are and predict your clicking intentions, so you don’t need two buttons — just two fingers. Click on the left side to use Mighty Mouse in its simplest, single-button form. Click on the right to access contextual menus within applications and edit, copy, label or download from your mouse. It’s simple sleight of hand.

And before the right-click for the Mac, Apple developed the Contextual Menu clicking which was basically the same as right-clicking but needed only that you hold down the Control key as you clicked.

From Contextual Menu Basics:

The contextual menu feature introduced with Mac OS 8 continues this idea. While holding down the Control key, a user can click the mouse while above some information he wants to manipulate. The information could be selected text, a picture, some database tables or anything we traditionally think of as exportable data. A popup menu appears to provide him with all the commands related to this data. Even if no data is selected, the user can see commands related to the window, document or application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 20" imac 2g ram.
The thing with the MM is that it senses if your left finger is touching the surface. The whole thing is touch sensitive, even the clicking sound you hear is not real (the MM has a little speaker in it).

are you serious? the speaker part lol.

ive never even noticed that i have to lift my finger off the left to use the right click, it just came natural from the first time i used it. i love my mighty mouse. it is a little big though. and my trackball keeps getting gunk inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Ditto - I never had a problem right-clicking. In fact, I never heard of this "you must lift your left finger off" deal until many months after I purchased it and thought the person was high or something. Then I tried it with my left finger on it and was surprised to fin he was right!

The "little speaker making the click noise" is 100% BS though.

I've had my MBP and MM for a year now. 6 months ago my MM stopped scrolling down only and I took it in for a replacement. The guy didn't even check it to verify and got me a new one. Just this week the same problem happened, so I'll be heading back to get another. Luckily I got it covered by the 3 year Applecare plan since I bought it with my MBP.

Having to take it in is a minor annoyance, but I'm willing to deal with it for everything I love about it: sleek low-profile design, 4 buttons that are essentially invisible, scroll ball beats to pants of scroll wheels, quick BT connection to my MBP (even in Vista).

There have been rumors of a new MM with no moving parts: the face and sides would be touch sensitive for scrolling and clicking. As a gamer, I don't know about not having a tactile response, but losing the scroll ball problem would be nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.