Loggin in question..

Reaction score
Hi all.. I'm Running OS 10.4.8 and I need to have one of the profiles automatically Logging In for back up purposess and that is the only thing that the profile is going to be used for. and I'm wondering if there is a way.. like holding a key down while powering up the system. for it to load the logging in list instead of automatically going to the profile that I want to use to run the back up program from...The help file says to hold the left shift key when the spinning wheel shows... but that is not working. it keeps going into the profile that has the auto log in enable....... A second question since I'm here :) ... Is there a way to have the profile that is auto logging in start in... I think is called safe mode like when you hold the shift key down so the start up items don't start..??

TIA

Oscar.

OP
O
Reaction score
Logging in question

Hi all.. I'm Running OS 10.4.8 and I need to have one of the profiles automatically Logging In for back up purposess and that is the only thing that the profile is going to be used for. and I'm wondering if there is a way.. like holding a key down while powering up the system. for it to load the logging in list instead of automatically going to the profile that I want to use to run the back up program from...The help file says to hold the left shift key when the spinning wheel shows... but that is not working. it keeps going into the profile that has the auto log in enable....... A second question since I'm here :) ... Is there a way to have the profile that is auto logging in start in... I think is called safe mode like when you hold the shift key down so the start up items don't start..??

TIA

Oscar.
I should mention... the profile in question is a managed profile.. in the systems pref. the only things with a check mark are the back up program and the allow supporting programs....

Thanks again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.