NeoOffice Spell check

Reaction score
Does it actually work? mine never tells me when I've incorrectly spelt something and when i run a spell check it always tells me there is nothing wrong even when i know there are mistakes. Is there a way to fix this or a plug-in i can download to help?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I'm not sure about Neo but with OpenO you have to download a dictionary from Aspell. Maybe it is the same with Neo ?

http://aspell.net/

OP
R
Reaction score
thats probably it, how do i install it into Neo once ive downloaded it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I'm not too Sure sorry. However there maybe instructions on Neo's site or that of aspell. There maybe a read me with the Dictionary Download. Maybe there is someone that knows more than me that can help

This may help some
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums
Do a search for Spelling

Reaction score
Hmm, having to do all that just to get the spell check to work seemd like a drag. I was reading on a post on that site that it doesn't seem to spell check documents older than when you installed it. I will have to look at this when I install it. Kind of odd don't you think? A word program without a dictionary to do the spell check.

Reaction score
Does it actually work? mine never tells me when I've incorrectly spelt something and when i run a spell check it always tells me there is nothing wrong even when i know there are mistakes. Is there a way to fix this or a plug-in i can download to help?
thanks

To answer your question YES it actually works, and quite well too i might add. What version of Neo do you have. I have version 2.0 Aqua Beta 3 Patch 15. Perhaps you have an earlier version that had a glitch or maybe you didn't get it installed quite right. You should not have to download any thing else for it to work.

It doesn't put a red line under a misspelled word like i have seen before, but when you finish typing simply put the curser at the start and run spellcheck and it will go through and show you the errors. Maybe there is a preference some place to make it show mistakes as they happen.

As for not reading old files, hog wash, it will read files from years ago with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
thanks

The problem is you have selected a language that does not have the spell check dictionary for it (An example would be Canadian english) I am in Canada and I noticed the spell check was not working for me at first.
Open Neo office
Click on Neo Office on the top bar
Click preferences
Click the triangle next to language settings
Click Languages
On the right side you will see a drop down menu next to "Western"
Look through the languages list and pick one that has a time "ABC" with a check mark next to it. These are the languages that have the spell check dictionary.

Just pick English (USA) and you should be good to go.

OP
R
Reaction score
The problem is you have selected a language that does not have the spell check dictionary for it (An example would be Canadian english) I am in Canada and I noticed the spell check was not working for me at first.
Open Neo office
Click on Neo Office on the top bar
Click preferences
Click the triangle next to language settings
Click Languages
On the right side you will see a drop down menu next to "Western"
Look through the languages list and pick one that has a time "ABC" with a check mark next to it. These are the languages that have the spell check dictionary.

Just pick English (USA) and you should be good to go.

Thanks thats exactally what was wrong with it. im in australia so it didnt have the australian dictionary, even though it should really only have an english (uk) one or a us one. Thanks for that i was thinking that was the only floor in this otherwise great free program!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.