Opening Programs on Dock Station

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
I recently installed Dreamweaver8 on my MacBook and for some reason it wont open in the Dock Station. I have to open it going to Finder then Applications. I see the Icon on the Dock Station but I wont let me open it from there. Did do something wrong when installing? Any advice will be helpful.

Reaction score
by dock station i take it you mean the dock? try dragging the icon from the dock to the desktop to delete it, then find it in applications and drag it to the dock again.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Awesome, thanks it worked. Sorry of not saying it correctly. It is called Dock right, not Dock Station. Man, I learn something new everyday. Thanks.:black:

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another question, if you don't mind. So what is the difference of having programs on the desktop and programs on the dock? Is there a difference?

Reaction score
when you drag something into the dock it usually makes an alias (if i am correct) the actual program is in your applications folder.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the dock has more function than an alias on the desktop. if you context/right click on a dock icon you'll notice different actions are available (and different depending on whether the app is active or not). while on the desktop, you should just get normal file options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it is best practice to keep it in the doc
-chris

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the info, you guys have been very helpful.:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.