GIMP not working

Reaction score
I have installed Gimp on my mac about 1 month ago and it worked fine, but then I uninstalled about 2 GB of useless fonts with a program. (can't think of the name). I found it here in there forums, anyways now after deleting the fonts averytime I start Gimp all the letters turn to little rectangles! Obviously I deleted the a type of font that is important to gimp. How can I get that font back? Is in the discs that apple supplied?

M

MacHeadCase

It's dangerous to delete fonts unless you double-checked to make sure you didn't delete any system fonts. I don't know which version of OS X you are running, but this is Mac OS X 10.4: Fonts list. Make sure all these fonts are accounted for on your hard drive.

Then maybe you could try to uninstall GIMP and reinstall it. Before deleting GIMP, make sure it doesn't include its own uninstaller which would make a cleaner job and would ensure the deletion wouldn't pull anything else but its own bits an pieces.

Hope this helps. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
delete .font-cache (or .fonts-cache1...something like that) from your home directory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.