Update messed up my itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I just downloaded the newest itunes update. Now whenever I open itunes and go to Music all i get is an empty page. If i click on podcasts, movies, tv shows anything in the library sidebar, all i get is a blank white page in itunes. The player bar is still on the top, but the page is blank where the music library used to be. If I click on itunes store in the sidebar, the itunes store opens, but then if I click back on my music, tv shows, podcasts etc..up top on the sidebar, nothing happens, itunes stays in the itunes store. before the update all was well. Any ideas on what happened?
P.S. My playlists also arent working, the only thing that doesnt get a blank page is the store, unless I click on the store, then itunes won't leave the store and open anything else in the side-column.

M

MacHeadCase

I would try first to empty your user and system's cache using MainMenu then restart. Don't worry if the restart seems rather lengthier than usual, the system is rebuilding its cache from scratch.

Edited to add:

Keep on eye on this MacFixIt article in the next 48 hours or so and check out Apple's Discussions Board to see if any other users are reporting problems: if there are, you might find a fix or two for your problem.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mac, but I already did that. The music and podcasts are still there, if I click on music and hit the play button it plays, and the podcasts are still able to be updated on my ipod, but the screens stay blank.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, basically it looks like I have to do an itunes re-install. Seems to defeat the purpose of updating. Thanks Mac, I appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.