Macbook front row remote not working... is this covered?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
so my macbook remote isnt working now... not sure what happened to it. maybe lugging it around on a big bulky air force cargo plane did it in.

i used the remote that came with my imac and it front row started right up. i purchased my macbook last july but didnt buy applecare. i know ive got a one year warranty on my macbook though.

question: is my remote covered also, as it is hardware included with the macbook? how would one go about getting it replaced? or am i SOL and need to break down and spend the 35/40 bucks they cost at the apple store? thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Not sure if it's covered, though I will be finding out some time next week since my remote likes to eat batteries. I'm thinking that they probably will at the very least under warrantee. Have you checked the battery? Press the little indentation at the bottom of it to eject it and replace it.

You can see if it's really working or not by firing up PhotoBooth. Point the remote at the iSight and press a button. If you see a white light blinking in the video, then you know it's working. If nothing then the battery is dead or the remote is broken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Yes, they're covered. Everything that comes in the box is covered by hardware warranty, including PSU and remote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
u could always use command esc to open front row ...:/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.