Flight Mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Hi

I can't find a hardware switch on my macbook that will turn on flight mode... This is included on pretty much every PC notebook I've seen in the last year or so, and I was under the impression that you had to have a hardware switch to turn off all BT/Wireless functionality if you wanted to use a notebook on a flight?

Does anyone on here use their macbook in the air?

Reaction score
1. Go to the Menubar and click on the Airport symbol. Choose "Turn Airport Off".

2. Go to the Menubar and click the Bluetooth symbol. Choose "Turn Bluetooth Off".

3. Thank Apple for not making an entire hardware button just for this simple task.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I'm pretty sure that turning off wireless and bluetooth via system preferences will sufficiently disable them whilst flying. I've got both of mine in the menubar because I did that 'show in the menu bar' thing so I just go there to turn anything off/on.

Reaction score
Walkerj, you raise a valid point. One ahs to have the corresponding menubar icons activatedin System Preferences.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Thanks for your comments...

I have used the method above to turn mine off before, but was just trying to find out if this was good enough.

At work when I spec notebooks, they must have a hardware switch for this... It's just one of those things the business requires.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.