Power Adaptor On Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
Not sure what should i do, I have a new Macbook Pro 3.16 C2D, at the moment i dont usually take it off the table. I plan only to move it once a while, should i remove the battery pack when it is sitting on the table and run it directly with the mag safe power adaptor, or should i leave the battery in it and just leave the power adaptor plug into the labtop..Is it safe to leave the adaptor plug in, will it harm the battery, my windows latop is allways plug in and the battery has never been remove. That labtop gets only like 1 hour of juice..hehehe...what is the best way to do it... Please help.

Reaction score
I'll pay you $4,000 for your 3.16 C2D MBP. :)

There are plenty of threads on proper care of your battery. In general, it's fine to have it plugged in while you're using it but I wouldn't let it sit all the time plugged in. You want the battery to run down partially (to 30% give or take) and then charge it back up.

If you keep it plugged in 24/7 it will slowly lose its ability to maintain a good charge and you end up with the situation you've got with your windows laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
good info ToddG...as i leave my laptop plugged in all the time..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
4,000$? for what? chances are osx doesnt recognize the chip yet :)

haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i leave mine plugged in for the most part but ussually like every 4 days or so i unplug it and run the battery down, then charge it back to keep cycling the battery so it lasts longer.

OP
KNEE
Reaction score
Haha Typo

Sorry Guys Typo On That Speed...i Mean 2.16....not 3.16 Hehe..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac g5 tower/macbook pro
Actually i need to start a thread on this one, but I,m new and I must wait...Ithink.

I got a used Mac book pro 15". its one of the first ones to that came out I think and it runs real hot. The battery is is kinda short as well if I'm not plugged in.
Long story short, I have jist burned out my second power adaptor!!! The square part of the adaptor was extremely hot. i was using the 3 prong tonight. I burned up a two prong as well.

Any idea how or why this happened and what did I do wrong?

Thanks, GAntt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.